Thursday, June 7, 2012

Level 2 Missionary

Hey everyone!!
 
I cant beleive the second week is already over!! It is crazy how fast the weeks go by and how long the days are. I was joking around with another missionary the other day about how long days can be, but how fast the weeks pass by. He said, "So how does it feel to be a level 2 missionary?" ;) haha I remember when I first got into the MTC all of the other missionaries seemed so much older than me. I can understand why now. I have grown so much in the past two weeks. I think I can honestly say that if the Savior came tommorrow and they sent all the missionaries home today I would not be the same young man I was two weeks ago. Now, obviously there is still a lot of growing and learning to do, I am trying to avoid being prideful as best I can. I have found that in the moments when Pride takes over and you think you have it down the Lord sends trials to humble you and help you to continue to grow. And beleive me, when you are humbled in the MTC you are really humbled...
 
Sorry if anything is spelled wrong, or my grammer is bad. Spanishing is sucking the life out of my English speaking skills.
 
Spanish is coming along great. Again, Obviously, there is still much more learning to do. But we went to the TRC yesterday and one of the volunteers there said our spanish was pretty good. That definately was a tender mercy from the Lord, because sometimes I wonder if there is a light to the end of the "Learning Spanish" tunnel. I know the Lord is helping me though.
 
Speaking of Spanish. We are getting a new investegator tonight! Kind of nervous. (Its our teacher so it should be fine cause he is a really relaxed guy, but still) Alberto, our current investigator, is another one of our teachers. His name is Hermano Peck. He is one of the most genuine, sincere, Hermanos I know. We committed him to baptism yesterday!!! Haha it took us a while. But now we are working with him to help him solve his drinking problems, and hopefully he will be well on his way to the temple! :D
 
Now... My companion, Elder Gates. He is actually a really cool guy. He loves polotics though haha. He and another one of our roomates Elder Lowe had a polotical debate while we were getting ready for bed. I had to leave the room because I realized that I can be pretty opinionated haha. I want to keep the spirit the best I can cause it is the only way to survive out here.
 
Also this week we got a new Elder in our district. His name is Elder Maddock. He is a short cowboy from Wyoming and he is just funny. He has a lot of different stories about breaking horses and working in a rodeo, and all sorts of other "what you do in Wyoming" stuff. I have to watch myself cause his stories are really interesting and its easy to forget what time it is. I have found myself running to meetings a few times.
 
It seems I have so little time to do anything. So when P-Day comes around its the best. Other missionaries get to hang out on sunday and study, but because I am the leader of our district I have lots of meetings to go to. Elder Jensen came on Tuesday as his last visit as a 70. He will be released this month, but he left some departing wisdom for the missionaries, and one peice of advice was to not seek after positions of authority. Amen!! He said this church is not the "Church of Latter-day Status" and we shouldnt treat it as such. My Advice to anyone going on a mission anytime soon or in the next few years. DO NOT seek after positions. Its hard being a district leader and sometimes I find I would rather just be a normal missionary. I am not complaining though. I know this is where the Lord wants me to be and I am grateful for the oppertunity I have to serve the members of our district.
 
Anyway, a spiritual thought for you all....
 
If any of you are wondering what the spirit feels like or how to recognize it here is some advice from Elder Bednar, "Many people ask me: how can I tell if it is the spirit or just me. My response is, quit worring about it! ...You be a good boy, you be a good girl, you honor your covenants and keep the commandments, and you will find yourself doing what the Lord would have you do, and in the places the Lord would have you be."
 
How true that is!!!
 
Anyway, I love you all. Thank you to those who sent the dearElders. sometimes letters can be a missionaries lifeblood.
 
The church is true, tell your friends!!
 
Elder Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment