Friday, June 22, 2012

MTC Super Senior: The Fantastic Trio

Hey Everyone,
 
So I guess first things are first. Thank you everyone for sending letters as usual I wont have time to reply to all of them, but I will try my hardest.
 
Second, if anyone is wondering, I am still in Provo. I got a call last Pday efter i sent my email and they informed me that Salt Lake called and i didnt get my visa. Not going to lie I was a bit dissappointed. Especially when I found out everyone else got their visas. Its been an interesting week. However, I was talking to my branch president and he told me that there is a reason i havent left yet. There may be something i still need to learn here in the MTC or someone i still need to meet or help. I think part of the reason I am still here was fulfilled today.
 
Every P-day we get to go to the temple and do work. Today we went to do some sealings, to make a long story short and to keep the sacred nature of the event, we went and I met a lady there from Peru. She is from a small town near Chiclayo and her much of her family lives in chiclayo. I couldnt beleive it. I had never met anyone from there or who has heard of it besides grandma and grandpa and a man who was visiting our ward a while ago. I know Heavenly Father put her in my path. When i told her i was going to be serving my mission in chiclayo she got so excited and was practically jumping out of her seat. She got this big grin and in broken english she said "Thank you, Thank you" and patted me on my arm.
 
I cannot wait to go down to peru and meet all the people and teach. I realized though, while i was talking to this lady that my spanish is no where good enough to teach with clarity.
My new comps and i are working hard on our spanish and we are trying to talk nothing but spanish. Our teacher laughs sometimes cause we sound so gringo. I wanted more than anything today to talk to that lady though. And I was so frustrated I couldn't talk clearly. Even though spanish is frustrating we have been learning a lot. we continually pray for the gift of toungs... we need it.
 
so my new comps... Elder Lythgoe and Elder Kjar. They are the funniest elders. We have only been a companionship since tuesday but it is one of the greatest blessing to have companions who I can set goals with. I have been blessed thus far with good comps. Both of them are going to mexico and they are here for 9 weeks. I hope all goes well for them, mexico is a hard place to get a visa too it sounds like.
 
Hovanski's, Thank you so much for the star chart. I wanted to make one before i left. Its going to be really different looking at a new part of the universe I have never seen before for the next two years. I am excited to use it when i get down there.
 
Brittani Rawlings, So I am still here in the MTC. I know you start work tommorrow so keep an eye out for me and I will do the same. Eric Brady is here and so are some of our other friends. Tyler Reyes left on Monday.
 
HT kids, so thus far i have seen Cree Anderson, Kayden Heaton, and someone else from tour, cant remember his name. Came in yesterday though. We are all doing well and the work is comming. How is tanner browning, nathan, and dallin??? I miss those kids.
 
The other new thing that has happened this week is i was honorably released as district leader this last sunday. so its been kind of an adjustment. at first i thought maybe the reason i was here in the MTC was so i could help my district as their district leader, but when i learned i was being released i figured its for a different reason.
 
Sorry my english is so bad,
 
I love you all. Thank you for your letters and support. Ive said this before, but letters can sometimes been the lifeblood of a missionary.
(even though the spirit is plenty motivating)
 
The church is true, tell your friends.
Always turn outward, and keep smiling.
 
Elder Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment