Friday, June 22, 2012

Foreshadowing of the "Best Two Years"

Hey Everyone,
 
First thank you Rae Blanco for your letter, I enjoyed getting it. I have to admit I have not heard of most of the food you mentioned. Im sorry this reply is through email. P'day´s are pretty hetic most of the time.
 
Second, Brittani Rawlings, If you are working at the MTC you need to say hi!! I have been looking for you but I havent seen you yet. Elder Brady is still here and he hasnt seen you either.
 
Third, Family, I saw Elder Alex Christofferson yesterday. It was really good to see some family here in the MTC. He seems like he is doing well and is happy. The first day is always the most overwhelming but he seemed happy.
 
and last, I am still here in the MTC. Still no word about my Visa. Ive decided to stop asking the travel office, and just wait haha. There is a reason my visa hasn't come in yet and i still dont knwo what it is, but all i know is there is a reason I am still here in the MTC. Mission Presidents conference is this weekend so there is a whole bunch of general authorities comming to speak. there are 6 sacrament meetings for the whole MTC this sunday and I am sure there will be General Authorities there (I have been assigned to pass the sacrament in that meeting!!). Also there is a MTC wide preisthood meeting. So I might have the chance to hear from some of the Apostles there as well. Pretty exciting.
Dallin Eliason, I might be here when you arrive. So keep your eyes out. Our zone leaders have been here for almost their full 9 weeks because they are still waiting for their visas.
 
K funny story. So every Wed. we go to the TRC or Teachign Resource Center and teach vollunteers who speak our language. This week we taught a man named scott. Scott is a very interesting guy. (He looks just like Uncle Justin)
When we arrived at the TRC we went up to the third floor and found the door that we were supposed to knock on. Scott was on the phone so we were going to wait adn not bother him, but our teacher (hermano davis) knocked anyways. So scott answers the door and Lo and Behold... It is the guy who played the investigator from the "Best Two Years". I about swallowed my tounge. We sat down and began our lesson wtih scott and we got to the part were we were sharign a quote from Preach my Gospel. We had forgotten our copies of spanish PMG so I had to read from a mini spanish version my companion had. The print was so small that it was hard to read so i kept stuttering and tripping over words. My mind flashed back to the part int he movie where the new missionary testifies that He also knows that Joseph Smith was a pamplet. It was so funny it was hard not to laugh. Of course that didnt help my spanish at all.
 
So, so everyone knows. I taught the investigator from the best two years. Kind of surreal. not going to lie. And i ended up being the awkward gringo in our lesson.
(it seems like in every lesson some one owns at spanish and someone keeps forgetting the vocab) its all good though. He said our spanish was really good for only being here for four weeks. that was encouragement.
 
I swear I have learned more spanish in the last 4 weeks than I have in 3 years of highschool. (The trick to learning spanish, it seems, is being completely humble. Still working on it. but the Lord will help me get there)
 
Thank you all for your love and support. I can feel the power of your prayers. please keep praying. There is no work more important than this.
 
The church is true, Tell your friends!
Always turn outward, and Keep Smiling!!
 
Love,
Elder Bunker
 
PS Also jsut a reminder. You can all send me letters through DearElder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment