Friday, June 29, 2012

5th week Still in Limbo

Hey Everyone,
 
First, Thanks for letters. I really cant say thanks enough cause often letters are the answers to my prayers.
 
Rae Blanco: Thank you for the second letter. I was happy with myself that i was able to understand all the spanish you had written. Haha Also I really liked the quote that you shared.
 
Brandy Mayo: It was really good to get a letter from you too. Im not suprised about your calling. Your going to do great!! and actually your letter came at a great time! It was an amazing testimony to me of missionary from a converts perspective. I hope you dont mind but I shared part of it with my district.
 
I have really impressed with the sisters from the 109th ward and their dilligence in writing the missionaries. We all appreciate it a lot!!
So far i have seen Elders Zack Cole, KJ Aletto, Kahuna, Wyatt Clegg, Derek Holmstead, and Michael Goodman. We are all doing great and we love hearing from you.
 
Brittani Johanson: Thank you as well for your letter, It was really nice to hear from someone from HT. (Your the first to write me out of the HT family)
 
Hollie Answorth: Thank you as well. I had to laugh when i saw the tiny envelop. I got a few weeks ago but it got lost in my stuff. :P
 
Sorry I cant reply personally to all of your letters. If i had time I would because they really do mean a lot.
 
 
So this week in a nutshell, I am still here in Provo. They call this stage of waiting for a Visa "Limbo" because no one is really sure what will happen. It could even turn out I get sent state side for a while.
Also this week... I got sick. Not the funnest thing for a missionary. Im not terribly ill, so I have avoided going to the clinic cause im afraid they will cuarentine me and it will effect my time to be learning here in the MTC. (spanish has ruined my ability to spell), but its just bad enough that its been keeping me up at night. I have a sore throught and a cough, but i got a preisthood blessign this morning so it should be going away soon. The Lord has truley blessed me cause even though i have gotten very little sleep i have still had enough energy to teach and continue to learn spanish.
 
Also, This week we had a devotional given by Elder Perry. It was amazing cause 10 out of the 12 apostles were there. Elder Holland is the man crush of every missionary I talk to. Really kind of funny. We love the Apostles Here in the MTC. (People starting lining up for devo an hour or so early, we got let in before everyone else because one of the members of our trio was singing in the chior, reallly neat to be so close). All the mission presidents were there and it was just amazing cause you could feel the love radiating off of them. They really have been called to be mission presidents for a reason adn they do love their missionaries. I cant wait to meet mine.
 
Looking back on this week I have been able to see how the Lord has been giving me a completely different prespective. I have been working hard to improve myself and become better, but even when i think im there i could be better. I have found the need to be 100% humble and I am not sure if i know what that means yet, but Im sure I will find out soon.
 
The lord is looking out for his missionaries and the only reason any of this may be hard is because I am not perfect in anything yet and the Lord is finding ways to shape me into a new man. I really do feel different, and i feel like I can honestly say if all returned home tommorrow I would not be the same person. I have learned more about how to receive and recognize revelation in 3 weeks than I could in three years on my own. That alone has changed me.
 
Last thing, Dallin Eliason. If you are coming in this week keep your eye out for me! I hope i get to see you. I will find out probably today if I will be here for another week.
 
best of luck to all of you, I am praying for many of you specifically and all of you generally. I love you and I am grateful for that gift from the Lord
Truly, faith and the ability to love are gifts of heaven.
 
 
The Church is true! Tell your friends,
Always turn outward, and keep smiling!!
 
 
Love Elder Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment