Saturday, January 25, 2014

Imperio...

Hey everyone,

So.... haha there is a lot to comment and little time but i will do my best.

so first, thanks lisy so much for your package! and mom too. I really loved seeing some old candy favorites haha. i shared a few with my comp and other missionaries and they really liked the selection as well hahaha.

so pretty much what everyone told me would happen happened. This week i got my transfer and i am now in the area imperio. My new comp is Elder osorio. He is going to be ending his mission this transfer so I will  be his last comp in the feild... haha and he is a zone leader so... im a zone leader now as well haha.

It hasnt been as bad as i thought. I was worried cause i really enjoy the work and i thought that being a zone leader would pull me away from the teaching scene, but it hasnt been like that. If anything we have more of a responsibility to teach now because they have combined two areas (due to the shortage of missionaries for christmas) and we are incharge of both. haha so we are doing a lot of fast walking now haha. I like it though because part of having the two areas means that we have all the investigatores that where there before. I was happy to find that the area has 3 people that we are preparing for baptism this saturday. I have been able to work with each of them enough to connect with them and its amazing how fast and easy it is to love these people.

We have Carmen, Alvina, and William. I can see in each of them that they HAVE gone through the proses of repentance and faith and they ARE ready to be baptized. Im super excited for this saturday.

The zone i got asigned to is AMAZING they are all missionaries i havent worked with before but in this last week i have been amazed at how well they work and listen. I wont be suprised if we have a very successful transfer in these next few months.

I was asked to give a talk about repentance in the new ward this sunday. It was five minutes long, but it was long enough that it gave me the opertunity to get to know a lot of the members afterwards. I can tell the ward is really cool, we just need to get things moving a little bit faster. Im stoked.

One of the reasons i know the ward is so good is because all the leaders went to a ward council training we had at the multistake level wich was directed by an area seventy. It was EXACTLY what we needed and it worked out well because it went well with what we trained the missionaries on this last zone training. Im hoping that everyone keeps the energy that they have right now and keeps working.

the work is progressing and im loving every moment haha. my comp has started his going home countdown. I will have to try to help him forget he is going home haha.

Thanks for everything

Love you all
Always turn outward and keep smiling!
Elder Bunker`

No comments:

Post a Comment