Saturday, January 25, 2014

Killing a companion

Hey Everyone,

First, Thanks mom for the great package. I loved seeing some tradicional candy canes... haha i forgot those existed. I will be sure to share a few haha i havent ever seen those here.

Second, Aunt Brenda and the Chandler family, thanks so much for your letter! i reallly liked reading all the fun notes from the kids. I really miss the time I got to live at the house and spend the weekends with the boys. I couldnt beleive everyone is so much bigger now. haha I almost didnt recognize a few of the kids. all of the boys are way different (especially Rylie holy cow haha). and mason looks a lot more like an adult now... crazy!

Michelle Perry. Thanks for your letter, i will make sure to get the other half back to you. haha.

So pretty much this week has been good. a few headaches here and there but good haha. we havent been able to do much with new years and everything but its good. we have been doing a lot of service. We put up a cement wall the other day. that was fun. Its funny all the little talents you learn on the mission. i got to learn how to mix and work with the cement and if my pride will let me say it I actually got pretty good at it. haha. it was fun, but a super long project.

This week has been kind of crazy as well because my companion is now entering his last week of the mission (week Trunky haha) hence the title of the email is killiing a companion, here in the mission we say we are "killing" someone when we are their last companion in the mission. haha we have to be careful who we use the phrases around because they can be interpeted wrongly. haha.  for example i was telling someone how I had my "kid" here in the mission (or in other words that i had trained a missionary) and the lady sitting next to us asked me how old i was and i said 20 and she asked if everyone in the church had children so early in life... haha that was a funny one to explain... she understood in the end though... haha and i learned my lesson.

This week has been interesting as week because there are a few missionaries in the zone who are having health problems.... for example we had to take a missionary to the hospital yesterday because his stomache has been hurting for 2 weeks now.... and he couldnt work more. I hope he gets better soon, he is a good freind of mine. I did my first airport contact with his help and he has always been such a happy guy. 

so things like that have been interesting.

I had a really cool experience this last week i want to share. Even though my companion is ending and he seems to get a little distracted everytime he hears an airplane (we live near the airport.... so not uncommon... at least 3 times a day) I really look up to him. I really admire his patience and calmness and his love for the missionaries, even though he seems rough with them he really loves them. So i began thinking about that and i started looking for ways that i could be more loving and feel more love for the missionaries. And this week we had a testimony meeting for a zone training that we had. Everyone got to share their feelings about the last year, the upcoming year and their feelings about the gospel... holy cow... missionaries are my  superheros!! haha....  I almost couldnt beleive what i heard from the mouth of some of the missionaries in my zone. They seemed like normal missionaries with normal goals and everything, but hearing their testimonies i see them soooo much differently.  I really found that i DO love the missionaries that I am serving and I feel like i really do want their success and happiness here in the mission. It was interesting because it was a love so natural and it wasnt hard to get around any barriers. I really do feel like love is an attribute of christ we have to pray for. 

like it says in the Book of mormon,
45 And acharity suffereth long, and is bkind, and cenvieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily dprovoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
 46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
 47 But acharity is the pure blove of Christ, and it endurethcforever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
 48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, apray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true bfollowers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall cbe like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be dpurified even as he is pure. Amen.
I am sooo grateful for the gift of charity, if i could define the feelings that i have had this last year i would say charity. Charity for all men. Living and Dead, Righteous and Injust, Freind and Foe. I am not perfect at all in this, but i do feel an increase in my life. Especially for my own family. funny how that works.

I really hope that in this new year the lord can hastening his work and i can be a part of it. Im learning that being a leader means learning to love.

love you all,

Always turn outward and keep smiling
Elder Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment