Saturday, January 25, 2014

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Hey Everyone,

So im going to try to write more details this time haha. Mom let me know at christmas that there are still people who are reading my emails haha.

So to start. I just wanted to thank the Slade Family for their package. haha. The only Pistachios that I have seen in the last 19 months are the ones the Slades have sent me haha I dont think they exist here. So thanks for that, I really enjoyed getting that package.

Mom I havent gotten the package you have sent me yet, but im sure i will see it soon. It takes a little longer with the boxes.

So, Details of this week... I had my first White Christmas in the mission haha... and what I mean by that is that we got to baptize for Christmas!! hahaha How cool is that right? I feel super blessed because Hermano Pedro was ready. He is an investigator that the missionaries have been teaching for years. The whole family has been baptized in the last 2 years and he is the last one to take the step. (Now we just have to send them to the temple!! haha) I was talking to his wife and she said that after she was baptized her husband changed a lot, and one morning he woke up and looked at her and said, "I want to be baptized" haha. And he started taking the small steps alone. The reason why it took him so long to be baptized is because he is always traveling. He drives a large trailer to transport goods from one end of peru to the other and he has never been here long enough to set a date to be baptized. But we found out he was going to get a break for christmas so we taught him monday and went over all the baptismal questions, he had his interveiw tuesday, and got baptized on the 24th!! 

I love this area.
Im sorry my time is up but i just want to say Happy New year!!

I found a neat quote in the Liahona, "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, but the second best time is now" haha how great
goals are a sign of True Faith

Love you 
Always turn outward and keep smiling, 
Elder Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment