Monday, October 21, 2013

All My Friends are Dead

Hey Everyone!

So first I have to explain the Title of the email and the pictures below. Today a lot of missionaries ended their mission. So we when to the mission office to say goodbye and take pictures. Here in the mission we say that when someone ends their mission they "die" because its kind of like passing through the veil in a way. One has a Interveiw with the president about how the mission went and then they get on an airplane to go to another far away land to a home they had before. (mini plan of salvation right?) So reciently a lot of my friends are dying... and its been kind of sad. 

Lets say that we all live to be about 80 years old right?? if that is true than I am about 60 years old in the terms of the mission.... and all my freinds are dead. haha. The good thing is (both on the mission and in what one might call "real life") I know i will see all of them again, and there are many more adventures waiting for us beyond the veil.

This week has also been a little sad because my mini is going home. He has finished his time here in the mission and now can go back to his family. I hate changes because it always means you have to say goodbye to someone.... Carlos has become a really good friend and we have had a lot of good times. I hope we stay in touch. As one would say at BYU he is a "stud". 

At the same time, its kind of happy because i will be getting a comp missionary. I just got told today, though, that i will be training. Its my second or third time "training" but really this is my first "son" in the mission. I have no idea if he is gringo or latino. So i might have to be teaching some spanish soon. Changes are tommorrow so we will find out then.

Graciela didnt get baptized. we had to postpone the date. I hope it wasnt the wrong thing to do, but i hate just throwing together a baptism last second. I feel like to have a good solid baptism we really need a lot of member help. Im still getting to know the group a little bit. Its hard because i love visiting the members and getting to know them, but at the same time I feel a need to always be in the feild. There is a sense of urgency that i didnt feel before in the mission and i think it is from seeing so many missionaires go home and knowing that i am almost there as well. (mid-life-crisis??)

we WILL have a baptism this weekend though. we are teaching two little kids. Alex and Jahir. They are the BOM.COMhaha. they have been attending chuch with their grandma for half a year now and they just got permission from their mom to get baptized. they are super excited. their grandma has been telling me that they had problems fighting each other but  they have stopped fighting since we began teaching them. Even little kids go through a process of repentance and a change of heart i guess. Its so easy to love them. They remind me of little brothers i guess.

We are also still teaching a lady named Aurora. (I dont know if i mentioned her before) she is great. she wants to get baptized but she needs to get married first. Even though she has been sick for this last little bit she went to church for the first time ON HER OWN haha. she has been to a baptism and general conference and she loves everything, but we are really going to need member help to pull the whole family together to help them get married and baptized. my greatest desire for them is to see them as an eternal family enter the temple

I love the Pradera, and NEVER in my mission not even in Morrope have i asked president to let make stay longer or take me out earlier, but wow, its really tempting to do that here. I really would love to end my mission here working with everthing that is left in me. 

I love the mission and It has been the greatest blessing in my life. I am praying for the future missionaries because their are so many little things that could distract them from receiving the real blessings of this life.

I love you Bunker Family. I miss you all. I love showing pictures of the family to explain to people what an eternal family is. I am forever grateful to have those blessings in my life.

well thats all i have time for.

Love you all,
Always turn Outward, and Keep smiling!
Elder Bunker



No comments:

Post a Comment