Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Elder Nelson... Preparing to meet a prophet, seer, and revelator...

Hey Everyone,
So this week has been really good. I love finishing a good week and seeing all the fruits.
First, This week we have been completing with alll of our goals and we have been analyzing how we are going to be setting all of our goals for the next month. I really want to stay in this area forever, i fell like if i jsut had a bit more time we could be doing some really good things in this area. It really makes me nervous because  this week i hit my 18 month mark. I can hardly believe 3/4 of the mission is gone... It really makes me feel a HUGE need to work even more....
Elder Jarman is great. He is putting up with me just fine. We have gotten pretty good at making goals and becomming more effective. He reminds me a lot of my time with my second trainer Elder Larson. haha. I hope we get to the point of doing thirty lessons a week like we had before. I think more than anything else the biggest challenge we have is trying to get the members to take the iniciative in everything. I feel like if we can help the member gain that missionary spirit it will be something much more long lasting. I feel like I could just go out and do hundreds of contacts and baptize maybe, but it wouldnt last very long after leaving peru.... i really feel that if i want to leave a deep spiritual impression behind it will have to be in the life of the members... (so any member of the church who is not wearing a missionary tag remember that you are all the KEY in the missionary success.)
I have been writing a lot of the converts recently and i havent gotten too many replies. I want them to know i havent forgotten them. I have gotten replies from a few of my pensions. Haha my pensions have all been just like moms to me. Even sister Elva (my pension right now) she is one of the hardest working ladies i have met. Sometimes that scripture about moroni comes into my head when i think.... If all members were like Sister Elva.... hahaha.
So pretty much, This coming week is going to be crazy. Elder Nelson is coming this wednesday!!! Im so excited. we have been preparing for almost a month now, i feel excited, nervous, and really anxious to hear what he has to say.... I really want to be ready. It struck me a few weeks ago and the thought has freqeuently returned that this is really a little bit of what one might feel when getting ready to meet the saviour... wow.... 
Im really hoping i can get an answer to some big decisions and questions that i have... The mission is really easy as far as decisions goes.... there isnt much of a question as to what one has to do in the mission... but there are some big things that one has to decide. 
Wow i really hope im ready for this... 
I wonder sometimes what it will be like to shake his hand. i have had dreams several times this week about meeting him... i think my mind is still trying to figure it out. 

well thats all the time i have

I love you all,
Always turn Outward and keep smiling
Elder Bunker
ps The pictures are from this change... i havent taken any reciently but these are some fun ones 
the second one is of my mini misionary and Elder Jarman when we had our change.
pps I`m glad to hear that Thomas is doing so good. He is going to be an excellent missionary. i can hear his voice practically in his letters but there are some parts where its clear he is already changing. haha he is so lucky to be there in the MTC and be so close to the Prophets and Apostles so often haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment