Monday, July 22, 2013

De Repente La Ultima Semana en Cajamarca

Hey Everyone!!

So first, Bonnie and Ryan Slade thanks for the Nuts. My comp and i have really enjoyed them. The letter meant a lot to me too.

So this week has been interesting. we have worked hard this week but i feel like we are treading wáter a Little bit. I think I might have to work on my patience a Little. People sometimes dont progess like we would like them too, but then looking back on it again the Lord has His hand in everything that has been hapening

So this week we have been super worried because many of our investigators are in the middle of finals week and they dont have much time to listen to us and so there has been very Little progression in a lot of cases.

Many of them forget to read the book of mormon.

One of such is our investigator Diana, i beleieve i have mentioned her before in emails. She is an amazing Young woman that we had hoped to help get baptized this weekend but we have been running into obstacles this week with her studies and we havent really been able to teach her.... I hope she still gets baptized. I never want to push it, but i feel like i might have a transfer soon and I wont be here for the baptism. I hate leaving things in the air.

We had a really good experience with her this sunday though. We got to the house (she didnt attend church that day) and she was clearly not the same. The light that is usually in her eyes was out... and of course... she had not been Reading the book of mormon. (ALMOST ALWAYS when people read the Book of mormon and keep their comitments we can tell) I felt imediatly really sad because i realized that what we had hoped for her might not fall through as planned. So instead of teaching what we had planned we dropped the plan and started asking her how she felt about everything.

She is really intelegent and she feels like she knows Joseph Smith is a prophet but she isnt sure if the Book of Mormon is true. (thats kind of weird cause its normally the other way around), but what we found is that she has been Reading it like it was a text book... and she hasnt really gotten anything out of it. Also, she is studying a theology that uses the Book of Mormon as a book from a list of 'good reading' but not scripture and she has been confused about a few things.

we really are fighting for her.

The lesson in the end was one of the lessons most powerful i have taught in the misión. we started answering some of her doubts and things like that, but then we started explaining why it was so important that she reads. I felt impressed to share my own testimony of the Book of Mormon and some really personal spiritual experiences that i dont share much on the misión. Little by Little the light returned to her eyes.

When we left her house yesterday there was definately a difference in the way she apeared. I honestly dont know if i will ever see that miracle of baptism in her life but i know its just right around the corner.

We are really fighting, i feel, for the salvation of these people (including the members) I dont know what has happened here but it seems that the faith of many has been weakend. The missionaries are truly called to the front lines... but we are not alone.

The Lord is watching out for us and I can see Him working in small and simple ways in the lives of the people. sometimes the people who receive the greatest testimony are the ones who have to go through the most to obtain it... thats what we are seeing with Diana and many others.

This may be my last week here. like i mentioned. I feel and its been said among the missionaries that the President might be taking me out soon. I have to just beleive though that i will be here forever. I dont want to give anything less than my all.

Well thats about everything.

Love you all

Always turn outward, and keep smiling!
Elder Bunker

ps Mom, Hermana Elizabeth Soria says HI... we are at her house at least once a week to visit her. haha. she is like my second mom here in the misión.

pps this picture is a giant tarantula that was on our window. we saw it after we had turn the lights out and were in bed. Regardless to say it was a Little more dificult to fall right to sleep like before.

No comments:

Post a Comment