Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cajamarca - Cajamarca

Hey everyone,

wow wow wow, so this week has been awesome! Im so happy with everything we have been able to see and experience with the people this week! 

But first thing first. Before i forget I want to wish everyone a late happy fathers day! (Especially my own dad!!!)

This has been the last week of the change. But has been amazing. We have had many people who have been on the verge of getting baptized for a while and with the help of the Lord we have been able to help a small family take fhe first steps of the gospel and become baptized members of the church. Hermana Roxanna and her son Jaime were baptized this last saturday. Roxanna is a single mom that is 31 and her son is 13 and they have been some of my Favorite people to teach.

The baptismal service we held was one of the greatest experiences i have had in the mission. The spirit was present and none of us couldnt help but smile. 

Roxana and Jaime got baptized with a young girl from another ward and it was so great to watch their excitement as they each waited their turn to be baptized. I know that they will keep being great members of the church and they will stay strong.

I just got news on sunday that i will be transfered tomorrow. Im not leaving the zone and i wont be too far from the converts. I hope i will have the chance to keep working with them. My new area (i already know where im going, i was with the zone leaders when they got the call) is called cajamarca and i will be with my 3rd gringo comp! Im excited to start working with more members but im sad to leave my comp Elder Molina. He has been a great freind. There hasnt been a day we havent laughed together despite all of our trials opening an area.

I hope and pray the lord continues to further his work.

sorry so short

Love you all
Always turn outward, and keep smiling
Elder Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment