Thursday, March 7, 2013

Peruvian Family Reunion

Hey Everyone,

so, there is a ton to say and so little time to write.. here we go...

first, Lisa and Lauren, i got your letter this week. Haha wont lie i was a little confused by the return address at first. Thanks for the invites and the kind letter. Im afraid im a little late for the big day... haha. Your husbands look like great guys. Happy for you both, best of luck to the both of you.

Second, This week has been the greatest!!!!
Morrope is growing!! Holy cow, i never thought i would see the day that morrope would grow so much. we had 44 in the chapel!!!!!!! 44!! Im so happy morrope is progressing so well, ive been reflecting a lot on my time here and it has really been one of the greatest experiences i have ever had. I really dont want to leave Morrope, but it is allmost 100% set in stone that i will be having a transfer the end of March... I dont know how thats going to turn out its going to be really hard to leave.

k, before i continue i want to share some funnies. 

this last week we were getting ready to leave for the day when suddenly we heard someone pounding HARD on our door, (and since our door is made out of metal you can imagine how loud it must have been) it kind of freaked us out for a second. I headed out on the second story balcony and looked down and there was an old man i had never seen before, and he was really upset. haha he was talking outloud to himself saying stuff "why is this door locked?? who is trying to keep me out??? MARY!! open the door!!" haha it was super funny, but i was still freaked out at the same time. I called down to him and asked who he was looking for and he looked confused like he couldnt find where the voice was coming from haha. I then realized he was drunk. haha our kind neighbor saw what was happening and helped the man find his house just down the road. I guess he also had a metal door that looked alike...

this week we also almost got eaten by a dog. we were trying to contact one of our references when a dog ran out at us from a house and started barking and became really agressive for some reason. dogs barking is normal but this dog was going to eat us. My companions have taught me a few tricks to scare away dogs and I was try to scare this dog away but it kept coming after us. Everyone in the street was watching. i was kind of mad no one did anything. we couldnt walk away because we couldnt turn our backs to the dog with out getting bitten. finally a little kid ran up to the dog and put its hands around the dogs mouth and calmed the dog down enough that we could get away. ( how in the world the dog didnt bite the kid I dont know, Im just grateful that the little kid saw what was going on)

other thing that happened was i was sitting in bed this saturday after a long day of service and i felt somthing on my neck, i thought it was a mosquito so i swept my hand over my neck and a spider fell on the ground... haha feaky, dont know how long i was laying in my bed with that spider. i didnt know if it was poisonous or not so i smashed it with a shoe.

so biggest  thing that happened. 

Saturday we went to Caracucho and had a great activity there. In the morning we helped them build a bridge and then we had lunch and then played games. ( hence all the pictures ) The purpose of the activity was to help all the less actives reactivate. (hence the great number of people in church 44!!!!) It was so much fun. as we were working and playing with the little kids i couldnt help but feel like i was at a family reunion. I really feel like the people here in morrope are my family. I still miss my family in the united states but its going to be hard to leave Morrope at the same time. I hope i get the chance one day to return and see everyone again. I love the people here.

anyway time is short. 

Love you all
Always turn outward, and keep smiling!
Elder Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment