Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Leaving Morrope

Hey Everone,

(Elisa, i got your messages, thanks)
(Krysta, i got your birthday card, dont know if i thanked you yet)

Well the end has finally come... Time to say goodbye to Morrope. Wont lie. Im a little bummed, but i knew i would have to leave sometime. 

This last week has been hard but has been my chance to really give everything i have left to Morrope. I wanted to leave on a good note so ive been working hard to help people attend church and learn more there (and build relationships with the members). This week has been a success. We had 44 people in church yesterday which is the most we have ever had there. we have only done that once before...

Church was really good. We were a little worried at first because the district presidency was going to come to see if we are ready to become a branch... we wanted everythign to go well. My companion and I left to go pick up an investigator who wanted to come to church with us, and we got stuck (we couldnt find an open street, someone had blocked off all the streets to her house....) we realized that we might not have time to pick her up and make it to church on time... and we didnt want to be late because we wanted to leave a good impression with the district presidency.... well we sat for a second and prayed silently to ourselves. 

I realized it was much more important to me that a child of god got to attend church that to be one time and make a good impression. Even though my companion disagreed with my decision he followed. we found a way to climb over the barrier in the road and get to the house. We waited for a few minutes for them to finish getting ready (they were waiting for us!!) and headed up to the church. I hope that investigator will be able to progress more in the future. It was her first time at church. she seemed to enjoy it.

This week we also got to head out to caracucho. Mango season is over... all the fruit on the mango trees is gone. haha I feel like that was a little bit of a tender mercy that i was here in time to enjoy my favorite fruit. ;D while we were visiting one of the families they gave us a new fruit i have never seen before. from the outside it looks like a coconut. but the shell is softer. but when you cut it open it has a mangolike meat inside. (but harder) its called Mamey.... YUM... so good. Its super filling and very sweet. I hope i get the chance to try some more in the future.

Almost forgot to mention!!! so church went really good. (my convert, Jose, gave the class in preisthood! he is goign to be such a great preisthood holder, he will be receiveing the Higher Preisthood this next month in april!!! ) the district presidency came to preisthood with us and talked for a bit. They announced that Morrope is in the process of becoming a branch and when we get to a level of 80 people attendign church for a year they will build a chapel here! I think that really motivated the members. Our less actives from Morrope are now More active, and progressing very well. I think they are now even more eager to participate in everything that is happining. In april we will have 8 preisthood holders.

I feel like i have done everything i could have done here in Morrope, and the Lord has forgiven me for my short commings. Even though im sad to leave, im happy to know morrope is growing, I hope i get to come back someday to see morrope as a strong branch in the Kingdom of the Lord. (maybe with a building and everything)

Im excited to go to a new area and meet even more people to love. we will see where the lord sends me tommorrow.

Love you all!

Always turn outward, and keep smiling
Love
Elder Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment