Monday, June 17, 2013

Last week in Cajamarca

Hey Everyone,

So this week has been pretty crazy haha. There has been a great turn of events i wasnt really expecting... first, this week we presented a new ward mission plan to reactivate many people in the ward and we are now starting missionary nights every other friday with the ward members. Im really excited to start new activities with the members because everything seems to go by a lot smoother when the members help out. I feel we are connecting with the members a lot more now that we live closer and its easier to visit them.

This sunday we had a total of 13 investigatores in the church between the 4 missionaries that were there. It was awesome. I hope they all enjoyed it and learned something new. Church really is one of the best ways to help the investigators to feel the spirit. 

Also this last week we set up a baptismal goal with 3 of our investigators... for THIS saturday.... and they accepted!!! Sharon (14) her sister, Roxana (30), and Roxana´s son, Jaime (13) all told us they would like to be baptized!!! I am praying and hoping like crazy everything goes well. we have been making plans and calling all the members we possibly can to help us out. I get so nervous and freaked out with all the baptisms we have because i feel such a huge responsability that everything goes well and they feel happy and confident with the convenant they are about to make. I have seen many people who have been baptized and have gone inactive after a few months. I NEVER want that to happen with the people we are teaching.

I feel like this is my last week to really make a difference in my area because we have transfers this saturday, and most likely i will be heading back to the heat of chiclayo... I want this barrio to be stronger we i leave than when we first came here.

We had a great experience with Kati this week. Kati´s sister Gabi just had her baby this week and she had to get a C-section. The operation didnt go too well and she got an infection. Kati sent her a few church magazines while she was in the hospital and as she was reading she decided to ask us for a blessing of health...

Kati´s family was really hard to get through to when she got baptized, but the lord has been able to touch their hearts in an amazing way. Kati´s mom has been listening to us for a while (she only had to stop because her husband said no) and we have been able to gain a lot of their confidence as missionaires. i really really hope the missionaries who come to this are can continue to help this beautiful family progress. Kati has really been one of the greatest miracles that has happened in our work here in Cajamarca....

I feel more and more in the mission that the mission will be part of me for the rest of my life. I love the areas where i get to serve and sometimes i wish i had more time because sometimes it just takes time for the people to progress. But then i realize that the work doesnt have to stop after the transfer or the 2 years but i can keep helping my whole life. 

I really hope i get more missionary opertunities after everything is said and done.

today we went to a zoo, and i was just amazed at the beautiful nature there is all around. we got to feed monkeys and take pictures with Llamas and wow... the Lord has so many beautiful creations. Im going to try to send pictures of Pday today.

I hope everyone is doing well in the states. I feel happy despite the stress of the work and I feel like if its my time to leave this transfer i that i did my best in this area- 

I got a letter from the family fiestas in Morrope.
They are still growing and will be a branch really soon. The less actives are now actives and I feel so blessed to see the fruit of my labor.

I love you all!!!

Always turn outward and keep smiling,
Elder Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment