Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Park City, Peru

Hey everyone,
 
Well... wont lie this has been a really long week of the mission, and everything that has been happening is really unexpected. The mission is truely a rollercoaster sometimes.
 
first, I said goodbye to morrope this week... i dont think i have ever cried more on the mission. Saying goodbye to the fiestas family was one of the hardest things Ive had to do in the last 10 months. I felt like i was leaving for the mission again. I asked my companion later if it was always going to be that hard to have transfers. He said it gets a little easier with each transfer. I sure hope he is right. I dont know if i can do that again. I hope and pray i will get the chance to come back and see them again.
 
so that was monday, tuesday we had a transfer meeting. this transfer 36 missionaries arrived!!!! about ten of them are waiting for their visas but wow 25 new missionaries!!!! that meant the mission needed to find 25 new trainers!!! wow. the mission is growing.
 
so here is the big news:  "Zona Lambayeque.... Elder Bunker.... leaving Morrope, your new area is Cajamarca, Atahualpa 2.... its a new area and your companion is Elder Molina. Your bus leaves Chiclayo at 2:00pm."
 
so there it is... my new area is a new area, or in other words i am in the mountains opening a new area.... as a senor companion.... wow, this is going to be fun...
 
so really fast about my area... its called atahualpa 2 because we are the second pair of missionaries to be in this ward in other words there are 4 missionaries in our ward. our area is fairly new, there were missionaries before, but there havent been for a long time. we have no investigators yet, which means this whole last week and probably this whole next week we will be contacting....
 
My area is the richest in Peru, im pretty sure. Cajamarca looks just like Park city (with a little old-spanish fling) All the men here work in the local goldmine so everyone is loaded and they have huge houses. i cant beleive it. i feel like im back in the states. It makes contacting really hard, because the people are a lot more "busy" or in other words rich-and-closed-hearted.... (i can only imagine the work in Highlands Ranch... I hope its not so hard) the trick here will be the references from the members. I hope and pray the members will accept us and help us in the work.
 
It rains a ton here because we are in the mountains (is sooooooo beautiful here), but that means we are normally soaked by the end of the day. i left my other shoes in my old area so i hope my  companion sends them through the mission office.
 
My new Companion Elder Molina is great. He is a new missionary with only 6 months in the mission but he already teaches well and we get a long great. he is from Ecuador, and i am teaching him english. Hahaha he already says to all the Elders "You little Cuti-Pie!" clear as a bell, and many other phrases haha. He is really great. I can tell we are going to have a lot of fun. I hope i can be a good senor companion, I dont feel prepared to open an area, and we are so overwelmed somethings. haha so we are walking (as it says in the bible) by faith alone.
 
This is going to be a big learning experience. we still dont have anyone to teach (we have been here 5 days) so please pray for us.
 
I love you all, thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement
 
Always turn outward, and keep smiling,
Love you all
 
Elder Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment