Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Investigators... y la conferencia general

Hey Everyone,
 
so first. there are a few people i need to thank.... Grandma and Grandpa thank you for your package of beef jerky. It got here fine and i enjoyed reading your letter. Ive been sharing the beef jerky with one of the bishops here haha. he is a big beef jerky fan (one of the other american missionaries shared some with him years ago) and i think i won some brownie points with that haha.
 
Next, Bree Hutchings, I finally got your letter and when i opened it, it was a like the craziest blast to the past. Haha I had olmost forgotten that we drew up the BYU plan of salvation. hahaha it was right after a zone meeting and all the missionaries wanted to know what in the world was so funny. I about cried. I do my best to get back to you, no promises though.
 
next. general conference was awesome, and it was amazing to see some familiar faces (apart from the general authorities) I saw Krysta my dear freind from heratage tours, and little Willow from the BYU dorms, and Camille from 108th singles ward at BYU and a few other people as well. I hardly recognized everyone, but there they were on the big screen. crazy.
 
So this week i have been a little under the weather but I have been super blessed as well.
 
This week we have found new investigators that are amazing. One that in particular I am super excited to teach is a young mom named Kati. She is super nice and has a heart of gold, and she is very interested in learning about the gospel. We explained about the restaration and, having a catholic background, listened to us very intently. She could hardly beleive what she was hearing. That the true church was LOST and then RESTORED.... When we invited her to read the book of mormon and ask for herself. She said, "yeah, im definately going to have to read the book of mormon and pray about this... how much does the book cost." haha I love telling people that the book of mormon is a gift....
 
Im really excited about Kati because even though she doesnt beleive much of what we are saying, she wants to know. And she is willing to go to God to find out. I know she is going to get an answer. XD (She also came to general conference this weekend!!!! and brought her sister!!!! and said she enjoyed it!!!!!) :D
 
we also have a investigator named luis. He is a very interesting young man.... haha. but he has quickly become our freind. His mom is a member of the church, but is inactive because she has to work on sundays.... but her testimony is still strong and intact. she has shared some really amazing experiences with us as we teach Luis. I know heavenly father led us to that family. We taught luis about the restoration and he says he knows the book of mormon is true and has always known it due to the strong testimony of his mom, we returned later that week and taught him about the doctrine of christ, about faith, and repentance and baptism. We invited Luis to be baptized. He is still hesitant. But i feel confident he will be baptized someday. I feel he is hesistant to leave behind a few habits...
 
Luis however, also came to general conference with us. He also brought his cousin. haha. (already a missionary and not even a member...) I think he really enjoyed conference, but he had to leave early due to the fact that his cousin was feeling a little sick. I hope we can help him this week.
 
Some thing that has struck me this week is how much the missionaries need the members. I wont lie. over the course of the mission up to this point i have been dissappointed in a few of the members, but at the same time I have been really impressed by others. Its made me really ponder on what kind of member i was before the mission. I hope i wasnt that kind of member who was unwilling to help or was afraid to participate in missionary work.... i have a feeling it was a little bit of the latter. I hope i can change.
 
This conference seemed to have 2 distinct themes to me. first the Peace in our homes and in ourselves and Missionary Work.
we will see what the next few months have in store....
 
well sorry so short, i cant figure out how to upload pictures yet....
 
Always look outward and keep smiling,
and dont forget to share the gospel!!
Love,
Elder Bunker
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment