Sunday, July 22, 2012

PERU!!!

Hey Everyone!!
So first thing,
Petersons thank you so much for your packages. They really are a treat to get. It's awesome to hear from Chris and Caleb. I hope all the Youth are doing well in the ward. I hope I get to hear from the ward more over the next 22 months...
Speaking of which, I cant beleive its already been 2 months!!! 1/12 of the mission is already gone and i dont even feel like I have done anything in peru yet. Hahah Im getting my second haircut since Ive been in the feild today.
And speaking of Peru... I GOT MY VISA!!!!! I went into the travel office right after i sent my last email and they had received it only a few hours before. I leave tommorrow!!!! I leave the MTC at like 3 in the morning and my first flight is at 9. I have two lay-overs in texas and florida so I wont be getting to the mission home until late at night. I am so excited!!!! but also nervous too. I met an Elder here who is recoverng from an accident but he served in the same mission I will be and he said the mission is Just mountains, coast, and Jungle. Haha so it should be sweet, but I found out my mission president doesnt speak much english... I have only met 2 missionaries here in the MTC who are going to that mission. So I dont think they send a lot of white people out there... Im going to have to learn Spanish pretty fast.

This week has been amazing and long. We have been helping all the new districts get adjusted to the MTC and speaking spanish, plannign for their lessons, and everything. There has been a lot of crazy things that have happened. I wont have time to tell them all, but all I can say if someone can be this busy as a Zone Leader in the MTC I cant imagine what a zone leader's life is like out in the feild!

Its been really cool this last week thougth, because I have been running into a lot of my former residents adn freinds from school. It's almost surreal to see them here because that feels like so long ago.
(Alex Cybulski is in My zone. haha so I was his RA and his frist Zone Leader)

Its been good to also see family and ward members here. I have seen Seth Ashcroft and Megan Chipman and they are both doign well and smiling. Its been so good to see each of them.
Also I have been able to see Uncle Albert and his wife and Alex Christofferson, and they are all doing well. I got a picture with Alex so I will bring that home on the SD card in two years :D unless i can find a way to download it today.

I found out that my mission is a pouch mission. So that means I can get letters through the church office. I will send more information explaining how to send everything in another email.

The hardest part about this week is that I have been sick. I was so sure last week that I was feeling better, but I had a relapse or something over the weekend adn the sickeness came back stronger. So i went into the health clinic on monday and talked to a docter He sent me to the BYU Health clinic down the street and had an X-ray taken. It turns out I have Bronchitus. It has gotten a little bit better. I have been on some Anti-biotics since monday. The doctor said he was glad that it hadn't developed into pnemonia otherwise they might have been forced to keep me here in the MTC. I feel well enough to work so I think im in the clear to leave tommorrow.

Sorry this is so short. There is a lot to do!

The Church is true tell your friends!!
Keep smiling and always turn outward!

Love Elder Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment