Thursday, November 1, 2012

me quedo (i'm staying!!!)

Hey Everyone!!
So this is going to be really really short. I dont have any time at all haha. this week has been good. and long. and a veces stressful. but that is the typical week. haha. We had a confirmation yesterday. One of the youth we baptized a few weeks ago was having a hard time and for some reason didnt have a huge desire ot get confirmed so we have been praying for him for a while, and yesterday he found us at church and dragged us (almost litreally) to the bishops office to do the confirmation. I was asked to do it. It was my first confirmation. wow. what an experience.
Junior is doing well, Im glad i get to stay here because I have a great companion, but i also have a great friend = Junior. He just received a calling as the president of the young men and he is really excited. (im not going to lie sometimes i feel unworthy to have taught Junior. He is the most prepared person i have met) we are starting to teach his family more now. Im hoping we can help them all receive the gospel. Junior is always praying for them.
Its been interesting this last week though. I have been looking back on my mission and sometime it seems long and sometimes almost the blink of an eye. But the thing that has suprised me most is that I dont feel a whole lot different. I know i have changed a ton, but I feel like i still have sooooo many imperfections. I think before my mission i was just expecting the nametag to erase all that. I looked at all the returned missionaries and how they were completely different. I think i was expecting to become some sort of superman here on the mission, but in reality im still a weak servant of the Lord, BUT what i have found is I personally have not gained any sort of special power here, but I HAVE gained the confidence in the lord more in my life. and for this we have been able to do amazing things. haha I probably have felt a little bit of what moses said, "i now know man is nothing" haha.
Everyday seems to be a message to me that i need to humbel myself more. If someone was to ask me if i am a humble missionary i would immediately tell them no. because if i responded yes sincerely, it would mean that i needed to be humbled.
I found this week i have overcome/am overcoming one of my greatest fears. That is to ask the lord to humble me, because that means trials. I have been praying that heavenly father will help me become the man i need to be regardless of the trials that come, because in the end the Lord only has the best instore for us.
Another discovery of mine, trials are the lords way of improving us, but some trials can be avoided and still have the same progress. The hardest trial of this life is sin. Really when it comes down to it, sin is the hardest because in that trial it is difficult to feel the lord is on your side.
I am learning a little by little what the lords sees in us and i hope i can become who he needs me to be.
Love you all
Always turn outward, and keep smiling!!
Elder Bunker
ps found this week there are a TON of chinse people who live here!! I always wanted to go to beijing

No comments:

Post a Comment