Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lo Maximo! y Menos

Hey Everyone!!

So, this week been full of by far the best days of mission thus far, and some of the most dead days as well. It seems like the Area Latina caught fire and then had spiritual relapse haha.

This week... we challenged a lot of different people to baptism. We are always challenging people to baptism haha. But this week we had two commitments to a date! in one day!!! It was the best day of my mission up to this point. Junior, my investigator friend, and the sister of a recently returned missionary both committed to be baptized on September 8th!! I'm confident Junior will be ready, so far we haven´t been able to have a second discussion with the girl so I'm not sure, but she has a testimony of the savior and the book of Mormon, and that is what everything is built off of. So she is already there as far as a basic testimony goes. She just needs some friends in the church and more knowledge about the gospel, and a testimony of Joseph smith.

One thing I have been discovering here in the mission and especially this week is that there is true POWER in the book of Mormon, I have heard that all my life and I have even read the book of Mormon, and I have felt the spirit while reading but to witness it working in someone else is completely different. Junior is our Golden Investigator and I hope we stay in contact. I wouldn't be surprised if he served a mission one day. He is just simply pure in heart, he wants to follow the Lord. He has read everything we have given him and more. He says he can´t put it down sometimes haha. At first he was expecting us to be upset he read more, but we were excited for him and now he is taking in everything he can. He has had a hard time with gaining a testimony of Joseph Smith, and I don't blame him. I was thinking about what the Joseph Smith story would look like to an investigator and it is really different. He is not the only one who has a hard time with it.

But, yesterday, (Sunday) we watched the Joseph Smith movie with him at a members house and we started and ended with prayer. I gave the opening prayer and he prayed after the movie. :D it had to be one of the most sincere, childlike prayers i have heard in my life. After the prayer, he looked at both of us and started to smile. He is just a smiley guy and he reminds me of Tanner Bunker, and Tanner Browning. He smiled and he said he knew Joseph Smith was a prophet and he had this growing feeling inside that was hard to explain. He knows what the spirit feels like. Something that took me a long time to find for myself. Ah! absolutely awesome!!

I'm sorry this is kind of short.

One last funny. So in Peru everyone is really short, obviously. But i haven't really noticed, (for some reason in my mind I am Peruvian and then I am reminded I'm white when someone shouts gringue!! haha) but this week I had like 20 people comment on how tall me and my companion are. hahaha made my day. I don't know what i will do when I come back and martin is nearing 7 feet haha. Everyone asks how tall I am, but I still don't know my height in meters haha.

I love you all,

The church is true tell your friends,
always turn outward and keep smiling!!

Elder Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment